Our aim at The West Grantham Church of England Secondary Academy is to help students develop high aspirations and consider a broad range of careers and employability skills which will allow them to reach their full potential.
Schools have a critical role to play in preparing students for the next stage of their education and as such our careers programme is designed to support students at various stages of their academic journey to ensure they are able to make informed decisions about their future choices.
Students can expect:
- A planned programme from Year 7-11
- Information and guidance on Option choices
- To learn about different careers linked to each subject during lesson time.
- On-going and impartial advance
- Factual and up to date information
- Opportunities to experience the world of work
- To gain relevant skills such as how to write a CV and cover letter, make applications and to learn interview skills
- To visit colleges, sixth form providers and universities
- To meet potential employers
- That their personal aspirations are important and treated with respect
- An opportunity to have an individual careers interview with a qualified advisor
If you have any questions or would like further information about our careers programme, please contact our Careers Leader, Mr Wayne Martini, on 01476 405200 or by email to email@example.com.
This information will be reviewed annually with the next review due in July 2021.